Buy a Gift Voucher
Modern Calligraphy with Jo (Livestream) 5 June
Calligraphy is a beautiful expression of personality. Come join us for a relaxing afternoon picking up this timeless, elegant art form, meeting new friends over good food, conversation and ink.
Join our modern calligraphy workshop. Perfect for both the beginner and hobbyist, learn traditional pointed pen calligraphy with a modern twist. You'll be walked through the drills, letterforms as well as tips and tricks on creating your own unique take on calligraphy.
What you will learn
- Calligraphy is the art of beautiful writing. For centuries, it has been written with a quill dipped into ink, and not much has changed. The same tools that were used then to write historical scrolls are now used to create a mix of traditional (Copperplate, Spencerian, Italian Hand, etc ) and chic modern calligraphy. This class is structured around learning the basic traditional letterforms before tweaking them to create a modern take on calligraphy. Throughout the 3 hour introductory hands-on course, you will be personally assisted with any questions you may have as Joanna shares her tips and lessons learned from her own calligraphy journey. You will be walked through the basics, an introduction to the materials and tools, learning how to load the nib with inks, how much ink to load, how to hold a pen and proper posture and of course, learning how to write the actual letters. Perfect for both the beginner and hobbyist, learn traditional pointed pen calligraphy with a modern twist! With lots of hands-on practice, you’ll find that calligraphy is not only beautiful to look at, it is also very therapeutic, an addictive! No prior experience needed.
What you will get
- Penholders, Ink and Vintage Nibs
- Premium Practice Paper, Instructional guidesheets
- 10% off all Paper at KAMI Retail store on workshop day
What to bring
- Your enthusiasm and a passion for learning
What to wear
Casual or formal is clothing is fine
10 year and above (Beginners level)
Kami requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Kami to organise a refund or transfer
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Kami or organised by Kami must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Kami .
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Kami unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Kami classes and events or on Kami 's premises. (For use of Kami marketing materials).
Kami requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.