Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Paper Sculpture for Fine Art (Foundations)
This is a 2-day workshop, running from 10am to 1pm each day (3 hours) Sat and Sun
We are excited to bring to you Kami's first collaboration with world-acclaimed Paper Sculpture artist Ray Besserdin
This workshop is especially valuable to those wanting to up-skill by exploring the potentials of paper as a medium for fine art.
Some topics covered will be:
1. Exploring and understanding paper types
2. Some matters of chemistry you should know
3. Ways of creating 3D form and manipulating paper from its original flat sheet
4. Exercise in translating a 2D concept drawing into complex 3D sculpture.
About Ray Besserdin
Conceiving his unique paper sculpture in 1989, Ray Besserdin combines his 35-year professional career as an artist with his academic background in science to ensure his art has the archival qualities to last for the enjoyment of many generations. His career includes corporate clients such as Macquarie Bank, the Northern Territory Government of Australia, Amcor and Ford Motor Company to mention a few. He has numerous private commissions hanging in London and New York; Germany, Sweden and New Zealand besides those in Australia. Ray has 17 international awards, including 2 of gold status from New York and is the owner of the only paper sculpture artist gallery in Australia.
Read more about Ray Besserdin: www.papersculptureartist.com
- You will develop an understanding of the principles of working with paper from the ground up, providing you with new skills to create lasting works of art that will follow any imaginary form.
- An art piece of your own creation
- Paper stock is supplied. A list of implements and additional materials you’ll need for the course and beyond will be provided upon registration. Refreshments provided.
Casual and comfortable clothing
16 year old and above