Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Easter Origami Workshop with Asami
KAMI is happy to announce our first ever series of evening workshops.
If you and your best friends are bored of doing the same old thing every Friday, how about trying you hand in our Easter Origami Workshop?
You and your best buds will spend 2 fun-filled hours learning to craft cute bunnies and other Easter themed Origami while enjoying delightful refreshments with our guest artist, Asami, who hails from Japan and has been an enthusiastic Origami artisan since childhood.
In Japan, Origami is an integral part of growing up, deeply ingrained into daily life, and a form of self-expression as much as it is a revered form of art.
For Asami, Origami isn't just art, but something that she has live and breathed since childhood, growing up in Japan. She has always had a fondness for the delicate craft, and loves nothing more than to help others create memories of making entire worlds with humble sheets of paper.
CLEAR MIND, SILENT AND SERENE HEART
Being able to transform a flat sheet of paper into a 3-dimensional form, using only hands, seems almost magical.
Origami is not just fun and pretty looking, research shows that it helps us focus, relaxation, and builds muscle memory.
Origami is commonly used as art therapy for good reasons and it is one of the best activities for developing cognitive and fine motor skills.
For those who discover Origami as a calling, it is said that Origami can reveal the principles of math and geometry and take this fun pass-time to the next level.
- How to fold Easter themed Origami
- How to work with Chiyogami-hand silkscreened paper
- How to display the completed Origami
- All other materials and tools needed for the workshop provided
- Welcome refreshment on arrival!
- Guided tuition - with a step by step process
- 1-3 origami depending on their pace
- Workshop member specials - 10% discount on all paper purchased on the day
- Just your enthusiasm and patience!
Min. 12 year old